Friday, July 15, 2005

Post It Notes

I have always believed that some products do not need instructions. A ball needs no directions; neither does a cup or mug.

Among the items I felt needed no instruction were Post It notes.

Sad to say, I am wrong.

I just finished a meeting, where the girl I was meeting with was trying to use Post It flags to point out information.

The flag, in case you've never seen one, is a bright-colored note. It has a pointed edge and a flat edge. One side of the flag, near the pointed edge, is sticky. It allows Post It note posters to point directly at an item, and have the edge of the flag fly off the page, alerting the person shuffling through the paper that there is something that needs to be looked at on the page.

After receiving flagged pages in the past from this woman, where the flag was taped on, I assumed that the woman was just really nervous that the Post It glue would not hold the Post It flag on the page.

I assumed she knew how to use the Post It.

She needed to put two flags on the page. She placed it on the correct spot, with the sticky pointy side out, and the flat unglued side next to the text. The flag, of course did not stick, something she is used to by the way she quickly snagged the tape, and taped the flag on.

But the kicker was this. After she taped her second flag on, she said...

"I don't know why they make these sticky flags if they don't stick to anything."

3 Comments:

Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

And seat belts on airplanes need instructions?

July 17, 2005 8:29 AM  
Blogger CJ Srullowitz said...

OY, lulei demistafina, VEY!

July 17, 2005 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny! How could anyone be so silly?

I love Post Its.

July 20, 2005 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home