Friday, September 16, 2005

The Yearbook Project

Fifteen years ago we wanted to make a high school yearbook. But in the Yeshiva environment we were learning in, yearbooks were forbidden. Were they concerned about us going into the community to sell advertising, or afraid that someone would have a girl sign their yearbook? I don't know what made a yearbook traif, but like the classes both before and after us, there was no yearbook.

Over the last fifteen years I have lost touch with most of the people from my class. Which is not really that big a deal. People move on, change interests, move to new cities, and make new friends.

But I am curious about what happened to them. What direction did their lives take? Where did they end up living? How did the 1991 Ner Israel of Toronto class fare over the past decade and a half.

So I am putting together a yearbook. I'm not going to have it printed, but it will be a high-quality printable PDF. My goal is to get in touch with all the people from my graduating class, have them answer a questionnaire, write something about their lives, throw in some contact information, and then send a copy to everyone in the class.

I have wracked my brain, emailed friends I am still in touch with, and came up with a lsit of about 21 people in the class, plus another 6 who didn't quite graduate. I also started emailing people from the class, and getting two or three addresses from each one, so that now IU have about half the classes email addresses, and a elad on a few others.

The reaction I got from people I contacted was positive. Some couldn't believe so much time had passed, others thought it would be nice to have the contact information.

I think it will be a fun project, and I am looking forward to working on it over the coming months.

Dudi thought that since adults can't do anything on their own, I shouldn't shoulder the load alone, so he and I are now on the Yearbook Committee. We even have a meeting scheduled for some time next week.

I will let you know how it goes.

17 Comments:

Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

how much extra time do you have?

September 18, 2005 4:07 AM  
Blogger rockofgalilee said...

what happened to our website??????

September 18, 2005 5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My point was that as adults, nothing can be done without a committee.

September 18, 2005 8:37 AM  
Blogger SHEV said...

its like 8th grade all over again...

September 18, 2005 9:06 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Are you going through a midlife crisis? You're not that old...

September 19, 2005 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Air-If you need helping finding people, let me know. Our business has to find people all the time and I can possibly help.

September 19, 2005 9:44 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Zwicker - thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it. I'm going to try networking with old classmates first to see if we can find everyone.

September 19, 2005 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Air, maybe you should take Zwicker up on his offer. Imagine Dan's- excuse me, Shraga's-surprise when a couple of investigator's show up at his door!

September 19, 2005 10:58 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I don't think Zwicker is going to send an investigator to a jerusalem kollel.

September 19, 2005 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking out loud
Funny how the bais yakkov's of the world have whole class periods dedicated to a yearbook, go out and hunt for ads, take numerous pictures, have multiple ads from boys, yet they get hammered about tzenius 24/7, no wonder they can get so confused and pissed at the system

September 19, 2005 1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Air,

I still have the program from our graduation which lists the names of the the graduates. I stuck it in the back of the sefer they gave us.

Whatever happens, dont let Reb Uri "bas sheva" Mayerfeld find out.

SK

September 19, 2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

They gave us a sefer?

Can you check the list and see if I left anyone off it?

September 19, 2005 2:02 PM  
Blogger SHEV said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 19, 2005 9:34 PM  
Blogger SHEV said...

wuts even funnier is that the guys get it every year...ud think our school would figure it out

September 19, 2005 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got a Mishlei.

I will try to scan the program in when I get a chance.

SAK

September 20, 2005 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP cellulite + birth control + yasmin powder zithromax paintballing markers

February 02, 2007 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Procedure inspiron 600 hard drive Hiking in the kenai penisula Bsm penis dart board algae water filters u.k water bottle filter who house water filters Essay stop teen smoking Bulk email marketing campaign 20

March 05, 2007 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home