Friday, February 10, 2006

The Coffee, the Sock, and the Dentist - Conclusion

I know you all are dying to find out what happened. But for those of you who are too lazy or unable to use a mouse to scroll to the next post to find out the beginning of this story, here is a quick recap.

I spilled coffee on my sock and had to go to the dentist.

If that's not enough to go get you to read the previous post, I don't know what will.

Anyway, I quickly ruled out the microwave. I did not think it would be looked upon positively if anyone saw me put a sock in the microwave, and I did not want to walk across the entire floor to the kitchen area a bare foot.

I tried to wrap my foot in paper towel, but it was too scratchy. My shoe was too wet from the coffee to just go without a sock.

Then I saw the tissue box sitting over my desk. Soft, and two plied, it was the perfect alternative to paper towel.

I pulled out a few tissues, wrapped them around my foot, and slid the wet sock over my foot. The tissue (actual Kleenex brand!) took my foot up from a D size, which I thought was the biggest, to an E size, which is even bigger than the traditional D. But my foot still was able to squeeze into the shoe.

When I got outside, I couldn't help but notice how much warmer my tissue-stuffed foot was, despite the moisture that surrounded it from the shoe and the sock.

And ti stayed warmer for most of my trip to the distance. But then I realized I was near an OfficeMax. And I had a $10 off card with a $20 purchase.

I like pens. Gel Pens. And I hate paying for them. At my old job this was no big deal. We were allowed to take whatever pens we wanted. But at my current job, the pens suck. They write OK, but none of them are gel pens. And they are not as smooth as those nicer pens.

So I took my card into the store, picked up a bunch of gel pens and a pack of black sharpies, and felt my foot starting to get cold again. The tissues were defeated by the socks.

So now I am sitting at work, with a cold foot that is feeling a bit snug in a shoe that is too tight. I can't take my shoe off because it will be too cold with the sock on. And I can't take off the sock because the tissues have probably disnintegrated on my feet, and I don't want to sit in my cube peeling off tissue scraps from my foot.

5 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

OK, that explains why there are little tissue scraps all over our bedroom floor!!!

February 10, 2006 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not understand this story.

February 12, 2006 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'd think you could have bought a new pair of socks somewhere.

February 12, 2006 1:56 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Anon 1 - what don't you understand

Anon 2 - There is no place to buy socks at my office

February 13, 2006 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

February 06, 2007 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home