Friday, March 03, 2006

Twenty Years and Counting

Twenty years ago this month I acquired a best friend. She had everything: She was smart, honest, funny, sensitive, not girly/catty, and parents didn't think she was a good influence on me. Fo the record, she was OK enough to be friends with my older sister, but not innocent little me. And also for the record, I learned a lot about the world from her and am grateful to this day.

Last night she called to tell me she and her husband just came back from their pilot trip, they decided to live in Modiin also, and are planning to go on the same flight as us to make Aliyah!

I was feeling great this week because I might have found us a house through some friends we already know living there, but this just took the cake! My best friend, someone I've known my whole life, someone I trust and totally love and totally loves me? Could it get any better than this?

I just cannot wait to see our mutual great friend meet us at the airport and see his parents, me and my friend walk off the plane together. This one's for you, NO NAME!

10 Comments:

Blogger Toto said...

OH Veev.........how awesome is that!!! The most I'm getting out of my best friend of *ahem* 28 years (wow) is that in 5 years, we'll vacation together somewhere (since we announced our aliyah, I've told her that somewhere will be her first trip to Israel, so i get off easy.) but how awesome is that for both of you!

Nice to "meet" you too.....when this summer are you guys planning? June/July? when ? We're hoping for mid-July. Have you heard anything from NBN yet?

OH, and we'll be in Mevaseret, not too far from you! We'll do lunch!

March 03, 2006 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god its a plague.

March 04, 2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger rockofgalilee said...

that's great. The more people you know when you start off the better. Especially if they're already good friends.

March 04, 2006 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you still can't drive her anywhere....

March 04, 2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

But I'm well over 21 now. Ahem, 10 years over....

March 04, 2006 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you understand nothing.

March 05, 2006 3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you do not know what you are getting yourselves into.

whatever it is, it surely is not happy.
i cannot even begin to imagine the stress you will be under.

March 06, 2006 2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew, halway through I thought it may be Air talking.

March 06, 2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Acyclovir better valtrex Allegra bossi pucci http://www.aboutfioricet.info summary of accutane labeling 9th usaaf kia

March 06, 2007 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

April 26, 2007 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home