Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Grandpa Isy Remembered

My grandmother's second husband was a guy we called Grandpa Isy. I wrote about him a few months ago, after he died. Anyway, this morning, I was standing, and waiting for the elevator. Waiting and waiting. It seemed the elevator would never get to our floor. And I should point out that I work on the third floor of a four floor building, and there are two elevators, so the long wait was unusual.

As I was waiting, the light finally lit up, announcing the arrival of the elevator. At which point Grandpa Isy's voice popped in my head, and I heard him say, as he would always say on the walk home from shul when he came to Detroit to visit, "I'm slow but I get there."

6 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

I really miss him. I loved the man who couldn't remember who I was for the last couple of years he was alive.

March 01, 2006 5:42 PM  
Blogger docyaak said...

well, he was slow as mollasses

March 01, 2006 7:31 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

I thought you were trying to lose weight. Why don't just just walk up to the third floor?

March 02, 2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

the stairs are very inconvenient. The building is laid out really strangely.

March 02, 2006 8:28 AM  
Blogger SHEV said...

you cant win for losin

March 05, 2006 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

March 02, 2007 2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home