Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tears

Well, I mistakingly thought that Air's announcement didn't affect our oldest son. I said, "See? He's growing up. He can take it." Air wasn't too sure and told me not count my chickens.

During class today, I was speaking about Lashon Hara and how it compares to killing. My son raised his hand and, with tears in his eyes, asked, "Is it Lashon Hara to blame a goalie who messed up a two-nothing lead in a playoff game?"

I told him it isn't nice to speak ill of anybody, even if you don't know him, and to judge everyone favorably. We don't know the circumstances of anyone's game and we shouldn't judge anyone unless we have been in their exact situation.

"And," I said, "they didn't have Yzerman."

7 Comments:

Blogger Air Time said...

FYI - Yzerman did play last night. He had an assist and won some big face offs.

May 02, 2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 02, 2006 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Proud teacher?
Proud Mom?

May 03, 2006 4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful

May 03, 2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Your mom isn't a teacher professional, Swifty. I've been doing this for long enough that I know how to teach anyone. Even my smart-aleck kid.

May 08, 2006 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... New balance m690nr shoes mis use antidepressants 2005 toyota landcruiser

February 23, 2007 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

March 01, 2007 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home