Thursday, April 12, 2007

Lucy - Update

I regret to inform you of the passing of the late Lucy K., dog and beloved friend of my aunt, uncle and cousins. After weighing the options and considering the compliacted surgery, she was put to sleep for the last time this morning at ten.

My youngest, home with me and trying to get over Pneumonia, took the news as bravely as possible under the circumstances. We both cried for half an hour. In fact we're still sniffling. The boys will find out when they get home from school. And we will all mourn together on Shabbos when we join my aunt and uncle at their house.

Lucy will be missed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

I'm sorry to hear about Lucy, send my best to Aunt S and family

April 12, 2007 8:40 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Thanks for the consolation and sympathy.

April 12, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

So sorry about the loss.

April 14, 2007 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how many times was she put to sleep? (you said this was the last time...)

April 15, 2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger docyaak said...

we dont mourn for people on shabbos i dont think halacha changes for a dog

April 22, 2007 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home