Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

I turned double-threes today.

I actually remember my third birthday party. I was at camp Massad in the Poconos with my family. My father was the director then; my mother was the camp mother and was expecting a baby soon. We were outside at a picnic table and when they brought out the cake that Bilha had made for me, they sang Happy Birthday to me. I remember being very embarassed and shy at that moment. I hid under the table.

I'm sure that morning I got to sing Birkat Hamazon on the microphone for all 300 people in the Chadar Ochel, and wasn't embarassed in the least. I liked (and still like) to be in control of when and how I get attention.

The funny thing is I don't remember my sister's birth, three days later, at all. But legend has it that I got so upset I ran up a fever of 104 with no other symptoms. See? Attention....my way.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!

--baila

August 09, 2007 7:30 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Thanks.

August 09, 2007 3:08 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Nice. Happy birthday!

August 10, 2007 4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home