Wednesday, May 18, 2005

What next

I seem to have gotten the F word out of my system. All it took was a 25-minute ride home, a highly descriptive conversation about the game and the incident with Mrs Air Time and some blogging.

In case you don't get what pisses me off, here it is. Call it what you will, but me and the guys on the team live for that hour on Wednesday night. We play the game because we love it. The passing and shooting, and yes, the hitting. I come home from a game and I am so high I don't come down for three hours. Tonight, Dre sucked all the life and energy out of the game with his thrid period meltdown.

What's next with Mr Klein and the team?

The playoffs start next week, and we need him. But he is really disruptive to the team, and I don't think his head will be in the game next week either.

Kick him off the team? I don't want him for next season, but should I kick him off for next week's playoffs?

I want to kick him off. I have no social obligations toward him. I grew up with the other seven players on the team, he is new to town. I don't live near him, daven in his shul, or send my kids to the same school as he does. I only see him during hockey, so there are no social repurcussions to kicking him off.

I could let him play in the playoffs, and then tell him we don't want him back for next season. That really isn't as embarassing to him as kicking him off now.

Mrs. Air Time says to sleep on it, and give it a few days. Maybe she is right. She's a smart lady.

8 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

I'm blushing

May 19, 2005 10:03 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I don't think we can play a double header with one fewer person.

We have had quite an email exchange this morning though, which is continuing through the afternoon.

May 19, 2005 12:37 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

What would you do?

May 19, 2005 12:37 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I'll send out a team email, I thought everyone heard it last week.

Basically we have a game at 8 and a second game at 10 new wednesday night

May 19, 2005 2:06 PM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

wow, thats a lot of hockey for one day..Are you allowed to replacer dre with a tzadok, or is the playoff roster set.

May 19, 2005 3:08 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Roster is set. He may get suspended by the league. He violated about four clauses in the penalty section of the league's by laws, some of which allow suspension and some of which require suspension.

May 19, 2005 3:16 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

I'm going to have to keep busy that night. Maybe I'll have a guest sleep over...

May 21, 2005 11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

February 23, 2007 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home