Friday, June 03, 2005

it had to happen

I am working on a poster for my kids school. It is 3'x4' and about 250 meg. It is an unwieldly size, and every filter takes ten minutes and saving takes another ten.

It was finally done. All it needed was an approval from the school, and then it was off to the printer. Except that you can't email a 250 meg file, you need to reduce the size, flatten it, and turn it into a PDF so the client can read it.

File saved OK. Flattened OK. Reduced size OK. Went to do a save as, and accidentally clicked save, overwriting the whole file. Which meant doing a bunch of undos to get back to the point where the file was full size, and resaving it.

And now that I am thinking about it, as I watch a blue line slowly move across thescreen on my mac, I should have saved this one as a different name, and not overwritten the smaller file, because now I will have to go through the whole damn process again and hope not to screw up the saving again.

3 Comments:

Blogger 2R said...

In college the computer design professor had one question that he put on the bottom of every test. He said if you didn't get this one right you're a lost case in terms of computer graphic design. "What does SOS stand for?" Answer: Save Often Stupid.
I don't think it would've helped you in this case..just thought I'd share it...

June 03, 2005 3:26 AM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

All I can say is OY... Sorry.
-OC

June 03, 2005 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Mb mp3 players jenna jameson bilder http://www.suzuki-atv-part.info/next-bmw-m3.html The walking company shoe store 2005 chevrolet silverado special edition Snowshoe backpack

February 06, 2007 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home