Friday, June 10, 2005

Kevorkian

Some of you guys were asking about Kevorkian, so here it is, really quick.

I was the last potential juror kicked off the jury for the Jack Kevorkian trial. I had never been called to jury duty, and I thought it would be interesting. It was just my luck that Kevorkian was being tried that day. I waited all day while they called people up, asked questions, and rejected them.

Kevorkian was representing himself, and kept falling asleep. Someone said they would convict Kevrokian because they don't like him and he is a murderer. Kevorkian was going to let him stay on the jury, but his advisor and the judge convinced Kevorkian to let the juror go.

Anyway, I finally got called up. They asked me a bunch of questions. The prosecution had only one rejection for no reason left (whatever thats called, i don't remember).

I couldn't figure out why they got rid of me. I was obviously a religious jew, so you'd think the prosecution would want me. The only thing i can think of is they asked me if i argue with my dad about issues, and I said that we do disagree on things sometimes. I guess they took that to mean I approved Euthenasia.

Too bad, it would have made a good story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

FYI, it's called a "peremptory" challenge.

June 11, 2005 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home