Tuesday, August 23, 2005

mad at my i-pod and i-tunes

or maybe I just don't know how to work the damn thing...

When I first started using i-tunes, there was some user agreement that allowed me to use music purchased through i-tunes on up to three computers. I don't know if they still include that in the user agreement, but I am sure that you are nto limited to playing the music purchased on a single computer.

So anyway, I loaded up my i-pod, and offered to transfer the music from it onto my sister in laws computer.

Now, first of all, not all the music on my ipod was downloaded through itunes. Some if it came from CDs, which I should be able to put in any computer that I want. I didn't sign any kind of suer license when I bought a CD.

So I plugged the i-pod into her laptop, and tried to get the music from my i-pod into her laptop. A dialog box popped up asking if I wanted to replace the music on my ipod with the music from her laptop. I clicked no, and then i-tunes would no longer recognize the i-pod as a drive.

So a few minutes later, I clicked yes, at which point her computer erased everything from my ipod and and replaced it with nothing.

If the agreement allows me to transfer music to multiple computers, why does it not allow me to copy songs onto a second computer? How am I supposed to transfer music to a non-apple machine?

5 Comments:

Blogger SHEV said...

i dunno but if u dont want ur ipod, ill take it

August 23, 2005 1:14 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

leez - I could put more music on, I'm just annoyed that I couldn't unload it onto your machine.

Krunk - I like itunes. I just dont like that it won't let me unload the music onto another machine, even though I clicked on a user agreement allowing me to transfer music to a limited number of computers.

August 23, 2005 1:17 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

i didnt lose the music. It was all on my mac. It just got erased from my ipod. I refilled it, so it is no big deal. Just annoying.

August 23, 2005 1:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The user agreement allows sharing between networked computers only. You cannot generally speaking download from an ipod onto a computer. Email me.

August 23, 2005 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Home owner insurance new mexico taking zyban while on birth control Buy phendimetrazine prescription pill tamiflu svizzera California automobile insurance co http://www.big-cocks-4.info/Random-threesome.html

February 06, 2007 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home