Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It's My Birthday

Today is my 32nd birthday. That means it's been 20 years since my Bat Mitzvah. Wow.

In celebration, Air and I went to the Holy City to hang out and to try to go to an art fair (Chutzot HaYotzer). Unfortunately, it's only open in the evenings, and by then the kids are home from camp. So we'll have to see whe we can go.

Instead, we walked from the Tachana Merkazit via Center One, past Massov Burger, down Yaffo, and into Machane Yehuda. I have to say - the piles of dead fish are still as gross now as they were 20 years ago. We couldn't find the Rugelach and think that somehow we missed Marzipan. We did see beautiful fruit and vegetables the likes of which are not present in any supermarket in Israel. We bought some peanuts and mixed nuts. (I did remember that the last time I was in Machane Yehuda was the Friday before the sink-peeing incident. We had gone to buy food (and bubbly wine) for that fateful Shabbos. :)

Then we went into town past the old Klal Building and walked over to Frozen Yogurt. I don't eat yogurt disguised as ice cream, so I ordered Glida Americai'i, which is delicious soft ice cream.

Then Air had an interview and within minutes I was in a skirt store.

We met Mom, Dad, Dav, and Mike for a minute at a cafe, and then bolted because we had a date to keep at 2. Cousins/friends from the D were at Center One, where they treated us to a nice quick lunch. Evidently it's the law that when people come from Chutz LaAretz they have to buy a meal for the poor Israelis. Cool.

It took about 30 minutes to get from our parking space to the exit of Yerushalayim due to heavy traffic, and we made it home 5 minutes after our kids. Good thing they're Israelis now. They took it like champs.

And middle child even made me a birthday card that says I'm the best Mom ever in the whold world! That rocks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

HAPPY NBIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY bIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAAAAAPY BIRTHDAY DEAR VEEV HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Shu and Nat and Baby Jonah

August 08, 2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger StepIma said...

Happy Birthday!

August 08, 2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Yom Huledet Sameach!!! By the way, which way did you go home that you? You took 443, right?
-OC

August 08, 2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Toto said...

YOM HULEDET SAMEACH!!! What a nice way to spend your birthday!!!

August 09, 2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

I fear the only "events" that are significant would be far more embarassing to you than sink-peeing.

August 14, 2006 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home