Saturday, March 17, 2007

Leon Feingold - RHP

Leon Feingold intrigues me. I don't know who he is, but he is signed for this coming season in the IBL. He is, for those of you who don't speak baseball, a right handed pitcher.

What intrigues me the most is he is older than I am. He's not the oldest signed player, and there is one guy who is older than me but younger than Yudi J. The oldest player was born in 1961, although it is unclear if he is a player or coach from the profile.

Not as old as the Rookie. But still, older than I am.

On his MySpace page, he talks briefly about his career in the Indians farm system and his professional competitive eating status (He once ranked 12 in the world) and some other less interesting information.

He seems to be genuinely exxcited about having a second chance, and for the chance to play in Israel. At some point in his career, he was described by former Major Leaguer and Indians coach Billy “B-Dub” Williams as “The nicest guy he’s ever met in baseball.”

I'm looking forward to watching him play.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack Steiner said...

If he played in cleveland I'd be quite concerned about his mental health.

March 18, 2007 2:00 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

It could have been worse. He could have played in LA

March 18, 2007 2:26 AM  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I know. To play for a team that has a chance of winning would be hard.

March 21, 2007 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home