Thursday, May 01, 2008

Sushi Pajamas

So I get this email this morning containing a story about a grandparent with Alzheimers and about them getting into pajamas. Anyway, it was not an especially funny story, especially if they are your grandparents, and even though it is not my grandparents, I'm not going to get into the specifics or details of the email.

I have really digressed, and I haven't even started yet.

So I read the email, which came to my google address. Google as you gmail users know, includes "relevant" advertising in the pages. Essentially they word scan your email, pick up key words, and then try to put advertising that is relevant to the email.

So I'm looking at the text ads on the right of my screen, which are for Buying Grandma a Gift and some kid's Pajama shop. And I am thinking that it is really not appropriate to put advertising for pajamas in an email that has a pajama story about a grandparent who according to everyone around needs to be put away for her own good.

And then I see an ad on the top of the screen for Sushi Pajamas.

Now, it still isn't all that appropriate, but I am curious what Sushi pajamas are, so i click on the link, which takes me to comfygirl.com. The pajamas look like regular pajamas, kind of reminding me of Joe Boxer pajamas that I used to create ads for when i worked in Kmart's ad agency. Bright colors, different styles, you know what Joe Boxer is so I don't have to tell you.

So I search for Sushi, and have three choices. Sushi pajamas, a sushi drawstring top and pants set, and a sushi capri set. And I click on the Sushi pajamas and think to myself, eh, this whole journey to see these pajamas was not worth the effort.

And at $84, I don't think they are worth the price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home